Under Construction

Grouplove :: Tongue tied

Incubus :: Miss you

David Guetta feat. Sia :: Titanium

Pimpinela :: Heroina solitaria

" On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible por les yeux" -- Antoine St. Exupéry

" The curious paradox is that only when we accept ourselves as we are, then we can change" -- Carl Rogers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Just a simple girl who likes to smile, read and write, help people out whenever I can. Snoopy's cool. All sorts of music are welcome. Big fan of action, as well as sci fi and romantic movies. Psychology is my world. Living in Philly, but always proud to be Dominican!

[[ mas cOsas.. de mi! ]]

financial planners
pPl have read my ruBbish

Monday, March 08, 2010

*-. Arroz con habichuelas .-*

If listening to Juan Luis Guerra while I'm washing dishes doesn't mean i'm homesick, then I don't know what does. Getting Facebook invites to Sandra Collins in Praia and the 809K anniversary with Josh Wink certainly don't help. I have latin american spanish speaking co workers, I can get mangu con cebolla from delivery from El Principe and I can buy Presidente at the corner store... but of course it's not the same.

I've never been more proud of our Independence Day, and there was no Carnaval Vegano to attend... not that I ever went when I was living back home, but now, all of a sudden, it feels like I missed the biggest bash of the year!

Spring is here, and it's getting warmer. God, how my mood improves when it's warm! Taking the bus seems like no big deal... Of course, it takes a full blown winter and 3 crazy snow storms to recognize... what if I could have beautiful, 85 degree weather all year? Oh wait, I could!! :(

9 months is too long to wait to taste the saltwater in my mouth while we drive down El Malecon. Too long to see my friends, to chit chat with my grandmother because we really don't know how much longer she'll be around, and to take my then 12 (!) year old sister to eat ice cream, because she still behaves like a little princess!

I'm going to New York, which is the closest to my home island I can get, to see if I can get back some of my Dominican energy. To speak incredibly fast spanish splashed with our unique slang of Ke lo kes, Cuentames and No Jodas'. And trust me dear, you make me forget for days at a time that I miss those rivers and mountains and beaches and salt lakes and mini deserts... But let's face it, it's not easy!!

Comments on "Arroz con habichuelas"

 

Blogger alfonso said ... (9/3/10 8:57 AM) : 

que bueno es saber de ti de vez en cuando...oooohh god, how long!!!

and desparramar, it is a nice word....

cheers.

 

Blogger MOS said ... (11/3/10 9:17 AM) : 

te dire que tu tambien haces falta por estos lados.. y MUCHA..
estoy tratando de ir para alla en noviembre! :D a NYC and of course philly..
plus tengo como 5 horas de minutos en mi cel.. so esta noche me digno a llamarte! :P
asi no te hace tantaaa falta el hablar.. o quizas te pongas mas nostalgica.. :S
MUAK!

 

Blogger *-. aliCe .-* said ... (14/3/10 10:19 PM) : 

alfonso voy a leer tu blo en mi lunch break en vez de leer el listin diario, cosa que me parece deprimente y practicamente inutil heh...

mer en k tas? come visit soon

 

Blogger GirlFromSantiago said ... (5/4/10 3:41 PM) : 

Babygirl, yo te entiendo. Sientes lo que yo, pero lo pones con tan bellas palabras!!

 

Blogger Stephen M. Bauer said ... (29/7/11 4:28 PM) : 

I could various sentences from you blog entries and make a nice sounding poem from them....

 

post a comment