Under Construction

Grouplove :: Tongue tied

Incubus :: Miss you

David Guetta feat. Sia :: Titanium

Pimpinela :: Heroina solitaria

" On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible por les yeux" -- Antoine St. Exupéry

" The curious paradox is that only when we accept ourselves as we are, then we can change" -- Carl Rogers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Just a simple girl who likes to smile, read and write, help people out whenever I can. Snoopy's cool. All sorts of music are welcome. Big fan of action, as well as sci fi and romantic movies. Psychology is my world. Living in Philly, but always proud to be Dominican!

[[ mas cOsas.. de mi! ]]

financial planners
pPl have read my ruBbish

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

*-. Cuerpo, mente y corazon .-*

I've commented in this blog before regarding having balance. Not too much, not too little. Not too soon, not too late. Not submissive nor aggresive; that sort of thing. But lately a different kind of balance comes to mind. Mind, heart and body. I use my mind and even heart so much. I'm at work thinking all day; figuring out the best way to help my clients, while also being invested in their treatment with emotions. In my personal life, it seems emotions are the ones that get the workout: I try to be honest, open about how I feel, even with myself.


But how about body? True, I like dancing, but besides the odd night out every few weeks to dance, or dancing merengue while I'm washing the dishes, it was somewhat neglected. I've started going the gym (yes, me, lazy ass at the gym!) and I really don't know what I'm doing, but I like it. It's a new adventure, something related to the much needed self care we therapists need so badly. I get on that eliptical for a little while, and then go and try and figure out what machine I know how to do that I didn't do yesterday. Some ab work, back strectch. I mean, last night I got the best sleep ever after the gym! It makes me feel good about myself.


I do not intend this to be a get healthy post. Well, not completely. I'm just saying, ask yourself in what area you are lacking. Grab a book, stop bottling up all the feelings, take a walk outside. Balance yourself!

Comments on "Cuerpo, mente y corazon"

 

Blogger GirlFromSantiago said ... (18/5/10 11:30 AM) : 

I wish it was easier! :-)

 

post a comment