Under Construction

Grouplove :: Tongue tied

Incubus :: Miss you

David Guetta feat. Sia :: Titanium

Pimpinela :: Heroina solitaria

" On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible por les yeux" -- Antoine St. Exupéry

" The curious paradox is that only when we accept ourselves as we are, then we can change" -- Carl Rogers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Just a simple girl who likes to smile, read and write, help people out whenever I can. Snoopy's cool. All sorts of music are welcome. Big fan of action, as well as sci fi and romantic movies. Psychology is my world. Living in Philly, but always proud to be Dominican!

[[ mas cOsas.. de mi! ]]

financial planners
pPl have read my ruBbish

Friday, December 09, 2005

*-. some facts of little ol me .-*

So, toy leyendo un post de Libélula (which i met ayer, shes so nice omg hehe) que is titled 100 things about me. So nada me inspire. A mi manera claro. Here they go! Hope you like it :) (Mi querido Yorch's version of this can be found here and here)

* When I was a baby, el doctor le dijo a mi mama que yo estaba muy gorda. Me tuvieron que poner a dieta (aguar un chin la leche). Thats the only time in my life que he estado a dieta.

* When I was little, my favorite color was green. Growing up it was silver, and I finally settled on lilac.

* Naci el 18 de diciembre de 1984. Ese dia tambien nacieron Katie Holmes, Christina Aguilera and Steven Spielberg.

* My favorite animal is the tiger.

* My favorite numbers are 12, 13, 18 and 37. La casa en que mas he vivido era numero 18. And so is my birthday. En el colegio siempre era la 12 en la lista. I like 13 por el superstition que lo rodea. And 37, is another story.

* Me encantan los idiomas, y siempre he tenido facilidad para hablarlos. Specially french, portuguese and english con brit accent.

* Siempre he tenido frases bastante particulares. Como porras o recorcholis. Y el famoso "pudrete".

* Prefiero el calor al frio. La playa a la montania. La coca cola a la pepsi. Los pantalones a los jeans.

* I like to dance. A lot. Anything. Se bailar bachata y I’m not ashamed of it.

* My parents me llevaban a la playa desde que tengo uso de razon. Tengo una foto en bikini con 6 años. I just love the beach.

* Aunque siempre he sido “medio nerda” nunca he dado as much as I could. I never said it por no sonar cocky, but whenever i got 92 i knew que pudO haber sido un 96. Eso me paso all through school y all through college.

* Si no hubiera estudiado psicologia, me hubiera gustado estudiar Comunicacion Social o Diplomacia.

* Soy loca with mens perfumes. Dolce y Gabana, Chanel (Egoiste) , Davidoff (Blue Waters), Swiss Army. Tambien me gusta como huelen los caballos y la ropa nueva, y las creams y splash que huelen a vainilla o a watermelon.

* No he visto ninguna película de The Godfather. Ni Clockwork Orange.

* Cuando vi Breakfast at Tiffanys no me gusto pero i still admire Audrey Hepburn, asi como Marilyn Monroe.

* Im open to listening pretty much any kind of music. Ive liked songs de a lot of genres, including reggaeton, hip hop, trance, house, pop, punk, rock, merengue, salsa, jazz, you name it.

* En la hora que I spend home antes de acostarme, I get really lonely. I drive myself crazy until I find someone to talk to before I fall asleep.

* Cuando chiquita era loca con los Smurfs, the Snorks, Care Bears, my little Pony… but I also liked boys’ cartoons, like the Thundercats and Ninja Turtles.

* La cancion de Mission Impossible de Limp Bizkit es la unica que puedo listen to, no matter what mood im in.

* Take on me de Aha is my favorite song of all time, and it came out the year I was born.

* I appreciate art, pero I only like el impresionismo como tal. Siempre he sido loca con Van Gogh. Y no se por que.

* Closer to me, Hernan Cattaneo remix is my favorite song de electronica. Ive heard it twice played by other DJ’s y once con Cattaneo.

* Most people have trouble in life cuz they didn’t get enough of something in their childhood. Yo tengo lios cuz I was always mommy’s little girl, no matter how big I got.

* Snoopy rules. So does Mickey.Punto.

* I used to collect quotes, y tenia 109, cada una en un font diferente till my computer went nuts. Havent tried to do that again.
* I got my first email when I was 12. I had it for almost 8 years. I still check it once in while.
* Cuando el IRC fever, my nick was Chick_007. I still watch Bond movies.

* Im not an athletic person at all, but I like to swim and dance. I don’t like to watch sports, I don’t get them. Y nunca he ido al Play.

* Nunca me han puesto un yeso and ive never slept over at the hospital.

* Soy alergica al colorante rojo, y eso es culpa de la Fresalina.

* Nunca he ido Nueba Yol. Ni a Europa. Tan pendientes ambos viajes.

* Tengo dos hermanas menores, una de 16 y otra de 7. Aunque me vivo matando con la del medio, I adore them both.

* La psicología me gustaba desde que tenia 12 años, y es en verdad lo que quiero hacer por el resto de mi vida.

* He tenido amores dos veces. La primera la jodi yo y la segunda la jodio el.

* No tengo un type en cuanto a men se refiere. Desde intellectuals, pasando por surfers y rock lovers.

* I do like them con el mismo silly sense of humor que yo, usually they’re good looking y can talk for hours, like me.

* Antes tenia los pies planos, sufro de las rodillas, las defensas me bajan nama por dormir mal y tengo una ligera desviación en la espalda. Ah, y tengo -2 de miopía en cada ojo.

* Desde chiquita me han dicho que tengo los ojos bonitos. I still havent figured out if they’re grey, green or blue.

* I like to know the lyrics of a song, and understand what they mean.

* I love to read, aunque soy muy vaga to find new books. I love to write, pero en verdad casi nunca me pongo a eso.
* I read Harry Potter somewhere back in 1999. Cuando eso no me imaginaba que it would be so famous. No he visto ni una de las peliculas entera cuz I like the books. Con ellos he amanecido, llorado, me he quillado y reido. I also like The Chronicles of Narnia, La Fiesta del Chivo y los libros de Sherlock Holmes.

* En el colegio I was teased for pretty much anything, desde hablar demasiado hasta por tener mis orejitas so very particularly cute.

* I have bought many original CD’s, and lost most of them.

* My favorite group of all time is No Doubt.

* I’ve always been open minded, y aun mas luego de estudiar mi carrera.

* There's no one thing im utterly obsessed about. Not one group del que tenga todos los Cd's y me sepa todas las canciones, un actor del que me sepa hasta el nombre de su abuela, o un cartoon del que tenga hasta la tostadora.

* I respect all religions, and I dont follow any particular one –just yet-.

* I tend to make friends very easily. I can just go up and start conversation with a stranger.

* I change friends often too, but I treasure every single one I make.

* Entre las amistades mas duraderas que he tenido y todavia mantengo estan Michelle, Loly, Elias y Simon. Los adoro a todos!

* I like to smile, and I like it when people smile.

* Im a colorful person, positive and quite optimistic.

* My dad studied in Canada, and ive always wanted to study and/or live in Montreal.

* I always put other peoples needs antes que las mias. Me ha dado mucho trabajo to think of what I want and need.

* I have a pretty close relationship with my dad, we're two of a kind. Closer even than with my mom.

* I believe in aliens and in reincarnation.

* My biggest asset and my biggest flaw is to always believe in the goodness in people. Many don’t deserve this assumption.

* I prefer sour over sweet. And never spicy.

* He vivido in four places. El primero era un apartamentico en Gazcue donde nunca habia agua ni luz, y yo gozaba jugando con el vecinito de abajo. I lived there as an only child Hill I was 5.
* Ive only dyed my hair once y fue rayitos last year.
* I have a belly button piercing, y some day ill have a tattoo.
* I absolutley love kids. I feel like one sometimes.

* I was a late bloomer. Me paso como en las peliculas. Era chiquita, flaquita y chata. One summer, and next thing you know everyones like woah. You're tall. And you have boobs. Lol.

* Siempre he parecido con menos edad de lo que soy. Same thing happens to my parents.

* Im an eternal procrastinator, very disorganized and always late.

* In school I won first prize in the writing contest por un short story de 8 lineas when I was 15.

* I also went to las olimpiadas nacionales de matematica twice, y me gane una beca para Intec.

* Dure siglos siendo la unica de mis amigas que ate whatever she wanted y nunca estaba a dieta. Ahora cuido lo que como. Mas o menos. And not in weekends.

* Ive made many mistakes in my life, but up to now theres only one por el que todavía no me he perdonado.

* No me gustan los Héroes del Silencio. Ni rock pesado. En cualquier idioma.

* En otra vida viví en Grecia, cuando los grandes filósofos. También me casé con un surfer, y viví en la etapa medieval en Inglaterra. I also had the chance to live in Egypt. This explains why I love cats and the ankh.

* I don't like coffee or the taste of coconuts.

* I like chocolate, pero when it has tons of sugar, like in chocolate bars or brownies. I dont like chocolate milk, chocolate ice cream or chocolate cake.

* Me gusta mas el jamon que el queso.

* Desde chiquita he comido cosas "raras". When I was little my parents iban al Samurai, and I would get sushi as a prize for good grades.

* Soy loca con el salmon ahumado y los hongos, mas por su textura que por su sabor. I love oysters too.

* I like 80's music a lot. Pero 80's pop. I think it all started in Schizo.

* La gente siempre me ha dicho que vivo lejos. Hasta cuando vivía cerca del antiguo Quisqueya Park. Im used to that now.

* I don't like driving. Creo que my insecurities translate when I drive. Y soy la persona mas desubicada del planeta. I dont know cuando toy en la Tiradentes o en la Lopez de Vega. And I can get to my house porque Dios es grande heh.

* Dure desde 8vo hasta 4to de bachillerato yendo a la Alianza. Because I liked it.

*
I think el 2005 ha sido uno de los mejores años de mi vida. I cant tell you how lucky I am to have the friends, family, and life I do.

Bueno bueno good enough for one post I'd say. De verda I enjoyed writing this :) Many many more things to know, of course!





Comments on "some facts of little ol me"

 

Blogger alfonso said ... (9/12/05 1:07 PM) : 

tenemos dos numero favoritos en comun, el 13 y 37

 

Blogger CésarD said ... (9/12/05 2:07 PM) : 

can't believe i read it hehe

 

Blogger Chris Fleites said ... (9/12/05 2:27 PM) : 

ah, that's where i know you from, ancient Greece...

 

Blogger Teacher Yorch said ... (10/12/05 4:19 PM) : 

i .. i.. i don't even know how i read it all hehehe

i would pause and go "sigo ahorita" pero then i felt bad about it...

13 my number, leave it alone

 

Blogger m.arias said ... (11/12/05 2:57 PM) : 

ALICE! I found ya =D. Tan bella tu, ay Dio ^.^ Que cool tu blo. Eh ya, eso era >.> Found your blo =D.

 

Blogger Nicole B. said ... (12/12/05 1:48 PM) : 

Osea vieja, MINIMO duraste tres dias en esto! Now, tell me something I didn't know ;)

 

Blogger Kiki A.Ortiz said ... (13/12/05 12:47 AM) : 

good ol charli brown


tu eres algo special alicia

 

Blogger *-. aliCe .-* said ... (13/12/05 12:50 AM) : 

ohh you guys make me blush :$ tenkiu hehe

 

Blogger Pamela Cuadros said ... (17/12/05 3:03 AM) : 

nice...

 

Blogger Alma de goma said ... (8/2/06 9:49 AM) : 

Hola Alice!. Muchas gracias por el honor de tu visita e inmensa paciencia en leer todo lo que he posteado. Como te diste cuenta la gran mayoría del contenido es de cosas que encuentro por ahí y que no son de mi autoría.
Sobre tu comentario te puedo decir que aunque uno trata de practicar lo que predica irremediablemente cometemos errores, ya sabes por aquello de la condición humana, pero la buena noticia es que siempre aparece tiempo para hacer las cosas bien.
Me agrado este post y espero que te puedas perdonar ese error del que comentas; los gatos son mis mascotas favoritas.
Como estudiaste psicología te recomiendo una peli de Woody Allen que se llama ZELIG, es una de mis preferidas.
De nuevo mi agradecimiento por leer mi blog.
Mucho animo en la vida. A bientôt!! ; )

 

Blogger ۞ D said ... (5/6/06 6:07 PM) : 

hell-o is all i have to say.. interesting stuff on here..

 

Blogger Ginnette said ... (17/7/06 4:53 PM) : 

Pense que era la única que nunca ha visto The Godfather, ni Clockwork orange (debo confesar que ninguna de Star Wars ni LOTR )
Uyy

 

post a comment