Under Construction

Grouplove :: Tongue tied

Incubus :: Miss you

David Guetta feat. Sia :: Titanium

Pimpinela :: Heroina solitaria

" On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible por les yeux" -- Antoine St. Exupéry

" The curious paradox is that only when we accept ourselves as we are, then we can change" -- Carl Rogers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Just a simple girl who likes to smile, read and write, help people out whenever I can. Snoopy's cool. All sorts of music are welcome. Big fan of action, as well as sci fi and romantic movies. Psychology is my world. Living in Philly, but always proud to be Dominican!

[[ mas cOsas.. de mi! ]]

financial planners
pPl have read my ruBbish

Thursday, November 10, 2005

*-. Chronicles of my catastrophic mishaps in love finding - I .-*

What is it with me and foreigners ? I mean... carajo. Requisito number one para future attempts at dating: tiene que vivir donde yo este viviendo en ese momento.






Not Boston, Spain, Puerto Plata or Malibu.



That's just... not nice. Heh



Y maybe yo me lo buco. These geographic impossibilities. May a subconcious attempt at sabotaging the whole thing before it even begins. Maybe. No lo dudo. And even though all of these attemps havent been cataclismic in their making, al final y al cabo con que me quedo yo en good ol' Santo Domingo. Nothing. Nada. zip. And so the Chronicles begin...
With no necesary chronological order, I start with Boston.

As these things go, this particular person intrigued me. Dije, "oh, un gringo". hehehe. Turned out to be a very smart kid. Very interested in me, too. Somewhere in between James Dean the rebel, the way of the Beatles and the skinny ass of some skinny ask character you could think of. We created our own little world y todo. And then he was back in Gringolandia. The world didnt end. But i still missed his skinny ass.
Seems like such a long time ago... and still, every time que oigo Postal Service cant help but smile... :) and so, quite suddenly as it began, it was gone.

And Spain... diablo spain me dolio en verdad... fue de estas incredible things that only happens when you're riding the Heart of Gold, and your Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy tells you that the Improbability Drive has left you here. So one thing i know... this really cute guy adds me on Hi5 (si señores... tiene mas de un año la baina esa ya) AND NEXT THING YOU KNOW... me encuentro al tipo en el Parquesito [which i never go to] andando con mi ex [with whom i rarely hang out] and they turn out to be friends!! after that fue hearing my aunt tell me in Christmas how handsom he is... and something about Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind... apparently i have a place to stay if i ever visit Barcelona... *ehem*....

Puerto Plata... is a particularly long story... demasiado duró digo yo... another of those... completely hazardous and random coincidences... met his brother on a bus when i was 14... depue i dont even know... the thing went from flirty MSN conversations... to endless phonecalls... nunca fue a relationship per se... but i know at some point it felt like one. En verdad *como siempre* yo me hice muchas ilusiones, but after a while i was ok with the "you have your life, i have mine por su lao... cuando se pueda se puede, y cuando no amen" weirdish sort of thing... dunno but for a while it worked... Till he lied to me. Por que mi hermano, cual es la necesidad? Digame, mira we cant meet up, voy a ta con una jevita y ya. Pero no me haga el bulto. I never thought id be broken hearted... maybe it was the booze... Y UNA JEVA MA FEA... ay dio mio haha... Good thing was, diunavez borre to las fotos, deleted all the numbers, y AMEN. His loss.

Ya well if you've actually read up to this point might as well hear about Malibu. As enchanting as the city... as much of a free thinker, but unlike the city... completely down to earth kind of a guy. We met beside some port a poties... Eso mimo... lo baño de plastico portables thingies hehe.... Y I remember sayin... diablo y este tipo in his pj's... hehe... [ultra...miami...bonche...50k people... ok we can move on now] y nada next day i wuz minding my own business y *ring*ring*... y asi email this, email that. BAM. Se aparece el gringo en la isla almost if i had one of my three wishes by a Genie (hmm other two would be... to fly and... world peace?). Anyways, that was that. And yet... not quite... Pasaron dias... weeks... meses... and this gringo that came out of nowhere changed me so much... apparently i became his muse... And he got me porque... donde te vas a encontrar un dominicano con ojos verdes, super humilde, que hace yoga y tiene un vocabulario de big words haha and doesnt sound like a nerd saying them... [con un cuerpazo... ehem] that is completely head over heels for you... modestia aparte. :) Anyways to him... I say thank you. I am honored to be a source of inspiration for a future very famous writer.

Comments on "Chronicles of my catastrophic mishaps in love finding - I"

 

Blogger .::. ~ natz! * .::. said ... (10/11/05 1:33 AM) : 

ms. international.. "im sorry im too to hot todo dominicans" chick.. lol.. jajaja.. poor u.. no te preocupes k un dia de eto ull go and pick up ur rightful man to be at the airport.. dont worry.. k eso viene.. lol.. malibu.. ai malibu.. now that was so'in ;)..

oh shit.. me pass thingin to post dice "hotvqi".. hot.. hmm.. damn.. eta pc si es freca.. hmmf..

 

Blogger Manu Under Her Skirt said ... (10/11/05 7:31 PM) : 

Alice de verdad, que eso es lo peor. Yo estoy entre Slovenia y Sevilla. pero es lo que hay, aquí seguro hay gente que vale la pena(raro viniendo de mí) pero sí seguro aparece. No tires la toalla tú veras como llega cuando uno menos lo espera.

Mientras tanto, a gozar la vida es lo que nos queda a los jóvenes, luchar por los sueños y disfrutar mientras lo intentamos conseguir. Suerte...seguro que estará por aquí

 

Blogger Jean said ... (11/11/05 2:04 AM) : 

suena mucho como algo que uno diria antes de empezar a montarle a una jeva, pero en serio, look around you and you'll find just what you're looking for.

y no mires taaaan lejos. damn!

ah no creo que habia comentado aqui antes... asi que, hola :)

 

Blogger *-. aliCe .-* said ... (11/11/05 2:13 AM) : 

Hey guys... thanks for your support.. shit happens... heh not sorry for anything... pero ehem si... LOCALS WANTED .hahaha

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/11/05 4:44 AM) : 

Oh *aliCe*
You'd be happy to know that just this morning I petitioned the city council to begin building a bullet train from this quaint town's foggy hills to your island doorstep. If everything falls into place (and I'm sure it will, it always does) then we'd be no more than three hours away, which, as far as i can remember, is just as long as it takes to reach cabarete from your house. The council looked optimistic, I mean, what better cause to pursue than closing the geological gap between a lonely star gazer and his treasured tropical muse. But until then there is always one place we can meet. A place where the gulf of mexico and stupid time don't apply. And thats in our dreams, on the corner of *DESTINY* and *DESIRE*. I'll be the guy sucking on a lolipop with a bitten apple in his hand. You can sneak up behind me, cover my eyes, and whisper "guess who?" into my ear. I'll pretend to think about it (for a second or two), but inside i'll know. It's my guardian angel come to fly me to the clouds.

ps. you have a place to stay on this side of the world too, though, i must warn you, the elevators here stop at the second floor, we need one that goes to the stars!!!

 

post a comment